Spinach and Ricotta Lasagne with Pine Nuts
500ml passata (tomato) sauce
60g parmesan cheese
600g fresh or frozen spinach
225g ricotta cheese
8 lasagne sheets
50g pine nuts, toasted
1/2 tsp nutmeg
200g blue cheese (optional, can be replaced with other crumbly cheese)
100g mozzarella cheese, grated
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 clove garlic, crushed
salt & pepper, to season
1. Thaw or wilt spinach.
2. Mix with ricotta, paremsan, pine nuts, nutmeg, blue cheese, garlic, egg and milk to make a soft sauce.
3. Grease a small lasagne dish.
4. Line the bottom of the dish with about a third of the spinach and ricotta sauce
(I'm no good at splitting those sheets in half)
5. Top with 2 1/2 lasagne sheets
6. Top lasagne sheets with a handful of mozzarella
7. Repeat with remaining sauce, lasagne sheets & mozzarella
8. Finish with passata and mozarella on top.
9. Cook in a moderate hot oven for 30 minutes, until lasagne is soft & heated through. Sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Note: To toast pine nuts; toss in a lightly greased fry pan until golden brown.